Ms. Richardson is Professor Emeritus, School of Medicine with Duke University Medical Center, and recently Chief Medical Officer for Priority CareSolutions and has served as Chief Clinical Officer for Universal SmartComp since leaving Duke University in 2010.
Active in the American Physical Therapy Association at both the national and local levels, Richardson was President from 1997 to 2000, and has also served as delegate to the World Confederation of Physical Therapy, on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, the ABPTS Task Force, and numerous committees.
She has held leadership positions with both the North Carolina Chapter and the Pennsylvania Chapter, and for the Foundation for Physical Therapy and served as President of the Physical Therapy Fund and as a participant in the Consensus Conference on Research Priorities.
She has volunteered her time with the Global Health Outreach Initiative at Duke University in India, Northwest Health Systems Corporation, and Western Pennsylvania Hospital Council. Currently she holds the office of Immediate Past President of the Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals of the American College of Rheumatology.
- Consultant for One Source Therapy Review
- Nationally recognized healthcare policy expert
- Professor Emeritus at Duke University Medical Center
- Board member and advisor to national healthcare organizations including:
- American Physical Therapy Association (former president)
- American College of Rheumatology (ARHP President, only non-physician to sit on the National Board of Rheumatology)
- Foundation for Physical Therapy
- Former chair of the National APTA, AOTA, ASHA Tri-Alliance